Chia: Global Trade Research 2017
Chia: Global Trade Research 2017
Published: May 2017
License: 360 days.
Access: interface + research + spreadsheets within 7 days after purchase.
The global chia seed market expected to reach USD 2.1 billion by 2022. Chia seeds are grain seeds with various nutritional properties like high omega-3 and fiber content. Chia seeds are rich in proteins, are a good source of minerals and are gluten-free. Currently, due to the high demand and relatively low supply of chia seeds, the value of chia and chia-containing products is much higher as compared to canola, soy, and flax.
Nowadays, chia seeds have been utilized by various industries including functional food, animal feed, and cosmetics; however, food is the most dominating industry by consumption. In the food and beverage industry, chia seeds are promoted as a packed superfood and as a supplement in bakery products, cereals, muesli bars, peanut butter and beverages.
The market has been geographically segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Africa. Globally, 80% of chia supply is from South America, however, the US and Australia are the market leaders and have the highest chia seed demand. Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth due to its large consumer base and consumer inclination towards superfoods. North America witnessed the largest food and beverage launches with chia ingredients in 2014, followed by Asia-Pacific and Europe. In the coming years, the demand for chia-based products is expected to increase in the UK, Brazil, Chile, Spain, and India.
THIS GLOBAL TRADE RESEARCH COVERS:
- Trade analysis (exports/imports) of shipments by sea/air of Chia in Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay and Peru.
- Historic values and volume from January 2015 to April 2017.
- Price trend and trade seasonality.
- Import countries.
- Classified products.
- Trade profile of exporters and importers.
- Contact information of exporters and importers.
STAKEHOLDERS WHO WOULD BENEFIT:
- Exporters / importers of chia, grains or food industry.
- Producers of chia.
- Food manufacturers.
- Food retailers.
- Traders and companies operating in the segment.
- Professionals of food industry.
- Academies or universities of food industry.
- Entrepreneurs, start-ups companies or investors in food industry.
REASONS TO BUY:
- Know the trader markets of chia.
- Identify the prospects suppliers and buyers of chia worldwide.
- Gain competitive intelligence about market of chia.
- Know the trends of chia worldwide.
- Track key market of chia, opportunities and threats.
- Monitor the pricing trends and trade seasonality.
- Take better decisions for your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions.
- Reduce the risk to do business with producers and buyers of chia.
- Save time and money for researching, analyzing and contact prospects.
- Understand easily relevant data on intuitive interface.
HS CODE ANALYZED:
READY TO PURCHASE?
YOU HAVE TWO SOLUTIONS:
GLOBAL TRADE RESEARCH:
GET ACCESS FOR 365 DAYS
Global Trade Intelligence provides you license for 365 days. It can be used by unlimited users within one corporate. [Learn more]
EXPAND YOUR BUSINESS WORLDWIDE
Our team helps you to expand your business worldwide, find new clients or suppliers, increasing your profit and reducing your costs, doing business and keep good relationships. [Learn more].
NEED CHAT WITH US?
Someone of our team will be in touch with you to answer your questions.